Established in 1886 and part of the National Register of Historic Places this is area is a fusion of history and future. The Plaza has a feel of a 1950’s main street that has been infused with college town life. A great place to spend the day browsing the many antique shops, dining at a variety of restaurants or enjoying a coffee at the fountain in the center of the circle. For those interested in a little more history make sure to visit the original town fountain that is located outside the library (east side of the Plaza) and/or take a walk in the surrounding neighborhoods to view the Craftsman, Victorian and Bungalow architecture.
Public parking is available throughout the plaza and in designated lots to the east and west of the center of the plaza.