The Newland House Museum is the oldest residence built in the city of Huntington Beach and is maintained by the Huntington Beach Historical Society for all to see.
This house was built in 1898 for Huntington Beach pioneers William and Mary Newland and their ten children.
The original Newland ranch extended from Beach Blvd. to Magnolia and from Yorktown south to Atlanta for a total of 500+ acres in which they planted lima beans, sugar beets, celery and later chili peppers. The house is open for tours to the public.