Notice: Undefined index: ltypes in /home/b8j5n9kuk3o1/public_html/wp-content/themes/pointfinder/admin/estatemanagement/includes/pages/itemdetail/itempage-content-part.php on line 173
This rare two-story adobe was built in the 1840s by Manuel Garcia, a Portugese merchant. It is the only surviving Monterey-style adobe in Orange County is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated Orange County Historical Commissionsite #23. The adobe has been the French Hotel, ageneral store and the town’s first American-era post office.
This historic building is included in the Self-Guided Historic Walking Tour of San Juan Capistrano (link below). Maps of the city’s “Walking Tour Guide to Historic San Juan Capistrano” are available at City Hall, in map dispensers mounted on downtown directional signs, or by calling the City at 949-493-1171.